Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Painting! Finished!

I decided to paint my apartment as a surprise for my roommates. Let's just say it was a task, but it is finally finished. (And Branda if you are reading this.....SURPRISE!)
After moving the couch, this is what I found, a crumbling wall. We were not allowed to paint this wall, because it is so damaged. This is just the base board, but the entire wall is all crumbly. So when I informed maintenance, they told me oh its fine, no big deal, just put the couch in front of it and no one will notice! I am still trying to get it properly repaired. So far just some spackle to cover the big holes, no paint, no replacement of dry wall or anything. I will keep you updated.
Okay so a confession. I came up with the entire design and concept of this room. I however did little of the painting. Only about 5%. My friend painted the rest. He carried out my vision. Thank you!
Full room shot. I decided on the color scheme of gray, white, and red to match the black leather couches. Looks pretty good.

This wall has stripes, red border, and red flowers. I painted the border. :)
Wall, all gray and border, with metal flowers in the center.
Window with curtain.

This wall is filled with black and white photos that I took.
Frames:$20. Photos:$4. A semester of looking at something other than a white wall: priceless.
More stripes. And border.

No comments: