Well I went on an adventure with a few friends. The purpose of the trip was to pick up my friend's brother from the airport, but then we ended up staying in salt lake for 8 hours. We drove around the University of Utah, went to the church history museum, temple grounds, tabernacle, ate at the Lion House Restaurant, visited the capitol, memorial park, and I finally got to see the Joseph Smith that came out about 5 years ago. What a great movie. They are making a new movie about the Mormon Battalion to show in the San Diego Museum, a kid in my ward is in it. So hopefully one day we can go to the museum and watch it. Also the church just opened their Church History Library. We stumbled upon it and took a tour of the open house.. It was amazing. It holds all of these church artifacts and records. It took 4 years to build and 15 years of planning to complete. President Monson just dedicated it on the 20th. It was really neat. I got to go in an underground vault that is freezing, but the temperature helps things to not deteriorate. They had this little slide, that held the entire Bible on it. You could read it with a microscope. I went in a room that held all of the patriarchal blessings, and I was thinking to myself, hey my blessing is in here somewhere. It was a good experience.
Here are some photos from the trip.
So the first thing we did was go to memorial park, which is behind the capital building. It was a very beautiful day.I like Pearl Harbor and all the history there, so I took a photo of this memorial plaque.

Another memorial stone. I am pretty sure that there was a memorial for all of the wars here. It was pretty cool.

Capital building. It is bigger than I remember, much bigger than the Sacramento Capital. Which is funny because California is bigger and has more people.

Unfortunately, half of the grounds are blocked off due to the construction.
No comments:
Post a Comment