Well my dearest room mate Devin from California decided to come visit me last weekend. It was great. She brought her friend Lindsey who just got baptized 5 days before they came. She has never even been to Utah, so we took her to Salt Lake City, you know to show her the sights and history and all. Needless to say, I am a lifetime member of the LDS church and I learned quite a bit on this day. The church is phenomenal and ever growing and always updating and changing. Well here are some of the highlights.
Okay so I have never been to temple square on a weekday. We went on a Friday and little did you know the church office building was open and you can go up to the top on this observation deck (about 30 stories up) and look down on the city. It was the prettiest day and the greatest things ever. It was one of those "cross this off of my life list" type of things, and for the rest of the day, I could not stop smiling.
I love how the buildings in temple square all have revolving doors. This is in the Joseph Smith Building just after lunch. I can hardly contain myself.

Here we are. Looking just like tourists. Devin is on the left. Lindsey in the middle. Me on the right. I can't wait for them to both come live with me in the fall. Just 7 more weeks (not that I'm counting or anything).
No comments:
Post a Comment