Monday, July 6, 2009

4th Of July and all that Jazz

Well Provo is pretty typical and not very exciting most of the time, but boy do they know how to throw a party on the 4th of July. I know it was last weekend, but what can I say, I have been pretty busy. Alright in sequential order this what I did.
#1 Woke up and worked all morning. (time and a half baby)
me.
my boss and I
Fellow Jamba people
Brigham and Calley. (and yes his name really is Brigham)
This is Kevin. He is pretty much one of the most amazing young men I have ever met. Too bad he leaves for his mission in just a few months. He is pictured here with Buzz Lightyear.
And behold it is Brigham, who attached an american flag to the banana suit, so that it looked like a cape. This picture is suppose to give the illusion that he is flying.
#2 Swimming and Barbeque
Lets just say the food was good and the people were even better. I however got thrown into the pool. But it was good I suppose since it was a bit hot outside.
The spread of all of the food and people eating it.
This is me looking pretty girly with attitude on my face.
I found those sunglasses at work, and since my other ones broke I figured I might as well wear them. I look so smug and Sarah is so happy.
Sorry there is no photos of us in the pool.
We did however play a good game of water basketball which I wasn't too bad at.
#3 Poker and Firework Waiting
Well we live right across the street from where they light the fireworks off, so we went out early and staked out a spot. We got a church table and some chairs and played poker for 3 hours while waiting for the fireworks show to begin. Don't worry there was no real gambling or money involved it was all pretend. All the people who were walking to the fireworks show and concert, passed us by and were saying some pretty funny stuff. They all said we were brilliant for staking out a spot with tables and chairs rather than just a blanket.
These pictures are backwards. This is toward the end of the night.
We had a bunch of snap its. Those were the only hand held fireworks we had. Here they are sitting on the poker chips. We enjoyed throwing them into the street.
See here it is daytime. I am sitting here playing poker in my texaco shirt.
It wasn't planned but seemed fitting as we were playing texas holdem.
Oh and this is the Y mountain. If you squint really hard, you can see that they are turning it into an american flag. They were wearing red and blue shirts. I wish I could have gotten a better photo.

726736899_9949b3603d.jpg

And the fireworks began! Yay! (I didn't take this photo)


HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!


No comments: