Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Crazy Adventures of Technology

Alright technology is fabulous, that is how you are able to read these very words and connect to me even though I am probably hundreds of miles away from you. However, its glitches are no longer an excuse in the world.
#1 For example, I had an assignment that was saved on my home computer that I sent to my computer at work so I could print it. Well somewhere along the way that file disappeared and no one tech savvy or not could find it anywhere. So I told my teacher hey I wont be able to get the file until I go home so my assignment will be late. Well she said it was okay, but her TA did not think it was okay. So she docked me one point for submitting an assignment electronically rather than in person. I was not very happy about this, but got over it quickly because it was just one point.
#2 The adventure to the apple store! Hey apple you are great and I love your products but your support team is extremely useless. So you can't fix my computer because you are not responsible for it? How are you not responsible for it? I paid you for it, you created it, and I paid an enormous amount of money to have your apple care plan for three years. Really?
Needless to say you also tell my friend why his iphone is crashing all the time, (certain apps are on constantly rather than shutting off, therefore draining all battery life), and then we ask how do we get that list so that we can delete them and fix that? Response: You cannot have access to this information and we cannot fix your phone for you. Really?


1 comment:

Halie said...

Did you go to the apple store in SLC or to a dealer here in Provo?