Sunday, August 23, 2009

On the 24th of July, in a Vacant Parking Lot, We had a lot of Fun

So Utah shuts down on the 24th of July. They are really obsessed with it. But lucky for me I had some time and for just a little money, we were able to buy some fireworks and have some fun. Way to go pioneers for coming over the plains, so we could have fun on an otherwise pretty typical day. :)

I am on the left. These were some big sparklers.
Luis is so happy. He is not from the USA and enjoys all of our miscellaneous holidays such as 4th of July, Halloween, and 24th of July.
We had two kinds of sparklers, great ones and not so great ones.
Luis in the middle has the boring ones and Esther and Yohan who are on either side of Luis have the amazing ones that they do not make in California.
I am completely terrified. I was told it was going to explode in my hand. I am holding it as far away as possible in order to not get hurt. Little did I know, that it wasn't going to explode, but instead that the boys find satisfaction in telling me lies and seeing me be scared.
Lighting fireworks with other fireworks. It was great.

Just a couple of California girls with Jumbo Phantom California Candles.
These were my favorite part, and the perfect end to a fabulous day off.

1 comment:

Annah Bunker said...

Correction...the 24th of July is not a holiday in america...its a holiday in utah :)

way to represent california with those huge fireworks!