So some pretty exciting things have been happening to me lately. I just thought I would share them with you. So first of all 3 weeks ago I had an interview with
BYU Independent Study. I had submitted my resume to them in May and had forgotten all about them. So I go to the interview, and she is just talking to me and getting all excited. Then she says there is a catch. I have to work the 11-3 shift everyday. I immediately say no problem, I will rearrange my schedule. She then precedes to tell me that I need to start that
monday! I still had my job at
Jamba Juice. I was unprepared to tell them, but I did and they understood. So I worked there for three more days, and then started up my new job. So I worked there for 2 weeks getting trained and loving every minute of it. This past week they sent me out on my own! Not good. The first few days I was getting calls that no one had ever heard of. Problems that had never occurred before. I hated it. I felt like all of my training was pointless since it wasn't helping me now. I still enjoy it though sometimes people do yell at me or tend to call me a liar and a cheater, but despite it all it is my latest and greatest adventure and experience.
Also school has began. I am well into week three. I have already dropped and added so many classes. I was able to sneak into some of the greatest classes with some of the most highly recommended teachers. I am learning about how humans develop and families and how to do research. I still feel like I have not been able to feel my complete schedule all at once, since at least one class is cancelled a week. I also have recently developed a sickness that spreads like wildfire. Its been taking my entire ward down. I caught it because I was taking medicine to a friend who was ill. So much fun being sick! Even though BYU is a crazy place, it is kind of growing on me. I will never become a permanent resident here and will always miss California daily, but as for now I am happy with my current living situation.
I will talk to you all soon. I miss you so much!
1 comment:
Nice post Jessica. You are a very adventurous person. I'm proud of you for venturing out on your own in a strange place and making the best of it. You go girl!!!
Post a Comment