Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some More Summer Fun In Southern California

So I have never really gone on a trip to visit anyone or anywhere without my family.
So I decided to try it out. After going to Sacramento for a week, I made a pit stop on my way back to Utah in Southern California, to visit my roommate Devin and her cousin Breanne.
So here are some photos as always.
So I get off of the plane at the Long Beach Airport, and the streets are lined with palm trees. I can't help but smile and after being in the one hundred degree heat of Sacramento, I was able to enjoy the 70 degree weather, which is considered HOT for them, but felt nice for me.
Here is their flight control tower. It is shaped like a tug boat. Did I mention that only about 1/8 of the airport is indoors and the rest is all outdoors, even security. It was way cool though, I got to enter and exit the plane via staircase. I enjoyed it. My plane also had TVs and internet on it. That was a 1st for me. It helped keep me distracted.
So my first stop was her Grandma's house. It is shaped like a castle, and you can really go up there and look out. It has 3 stories and a spiral staircase, along with a dance hall on the top floor. It was pretty amazing.
The next day was beach time. Here I am all ready to go. I bought that beach dress within hours of arriving and basically wore it for 2 days straight.
Here is Breanne and I wearing some movie star glasses and relaxing on the beach.
Devin and I also posing for a movie star glasses photo.
The perfect day: Good beach, Good weather, Good friends.
I requested to see the sunset, and here are some of the shots I took.
This one is my favorite from the whole trip.
These surfers look like sharks.
More palm trees. They are everywhere.
The tiny sign says that this is the San Clemente Cafe. I didn't go there but just thought it was cool.
This is my departing day. Devin and I right before I left her house.
On the way to the airport we bought the world famous Rainbow sandals, which are made in Devin's hometown. Let's just say I wear them everyday since I bought them. :)
On the way to the airport we drove pass the Newport Beach temple, so i snapped a photo of it.

Me flying off into the sunset. I was very sad actually at this moment because I knew I would not be back there in a long time and that I unfortunately was headed back to work and school and boring utah. haha
Well that's my trip and an experience that I will never ever forget.

No comments: