It has been exactly one month since I graduated.


-I enrolled in a CNA class and completed it.
-I have job hunted furiously and have found nothing.
-The large majority of my friends have left the state, gotten married, and/or graduated alongside me.
-I have contemplated coming back to California.
-I have gotten new roommates.
-I have thought about returning to BYU to receive further education.
-I became a member of a brand new ward and stake.
This is just some of what is on my plate. I think the hardest thing for me is not having a routine. Not having a life really. I can only describe it as floating from one concept to the next. I want to pursue that dream and this goal, I need money, I need a job, oh wait what about this, or what about that. That is my typical train of thought. I miss learning, taking classes, meeting new people, listening to lectures, reading, homework, and yes I even miss tests. I miss my job that I had for 2 whole years, where each morning my co-worker who is also in my ward would drive me and we would talk about life and how we wish it was summer and warm.
But in actuality, the clean slate and scope of a new beginning is rather refreshing and exciting. It makes me a little nervous, scared, and uneasy sometimes, but my whole future lies ahead of me.
This week marks my 23rd birthday. I have done a lot in those 23 years and look forward to the next 23 years that lay ahead. I am not sure what I will do on my birthday or how I will celebrate but I am sure I am in for a surprise.
"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination. "
No comments:
Post a Comment